Sunday, November 3, 2013

Oh Hello There... Me Again!

What's that?! Who am I?

I'm Ashley Butcher! Wife of Willie, or some people may have noticed on Facebook that he's now "Will". LOL He's gotten an earful from SO many people over that! I'm a mom of 2, yes count them, TWO little girls. Molly is almost 2 and Claire is almost 10 weeks! I'm still a stay at home mom living in Wake Forest, NC.

Wow how things have changed since the last time I blogged. At that time I had one child who was 8 months old, was about to travel to Alaska to visit my sister in-law and family, and the ultimate fangirl of pop culture! (I guess some things never change :-) )

I don't even know how to restart this blog... do I start where I left off?
Or do I just pick up where life is now?
I, my friend, am going with the latter.

So, here we go! First blog in nearly a year and a half!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

While my parents were in Nashville, TN visiting Sam, I worked at Two Old Birds. I have a small section at the shop with hand painted signs, scarves and other accessories. It's my little side hustle since I'm a stay at home mom! A friendly customer came in on Saturday and picked up one of the scarves. She asked if I have ever seen a scarf turned shrug/vest. What an interesting idea! She couldn't remember how to do it, so I decided to do a little research.

Here is my tutorial... ENJOY!

Hope no one is offended by my skull scarf! I love it... my Alexander McQueen look alike-ish!
(I could always wish for the real deal, but really? $295 for a scarf is not in my budget! I'll stick with my $12 purchase!)

Use a LONG scarf! I tried with a few different types, but one with more of a loose feel seems to have a flirtier/floatier outcome.

Step 1: Lay the scarf out flat (as shown below)

 
Step 2: Fold Scarf in half
 (imagine image with skulls facing top to bottom)
 I can't manage to rotate pic like I need to!

 
Step 3: Join together corner of folded end with the same side corner where fabric meets

 
Step 4: Tie in a knot

 
Step 5: Voila! Armholes!


Congrats! You've just created a customized shrug! 


 
If you prefer a shorter gathered look, tie the hanging ends up to your shoulders
 

 
(shown here)

 
 This is my first HOW-TO so go easy one me! It's tough stuff!
 
 
PS-- I feel like such a cheese being the model! Next time (if there is one) I'll find someone else! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So glad you have come back LOL! I kept holding on.... And I love the new name for the blog, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Sara...super cute new name and when I saw your FB post about making this, I thought, this would be great if she still had her blog! And, here you are! PS- did you follow the same steps for creating that grayish one you posted on FB? I think we need a kiddo playdate where you teach us how to make this! :)

    ReplyDelete